The Jo Ann Troutman Scholarship supports students at the University of Arizona who are juniors or seniors and majoring in science, engineering, or mathematics, or in education to teach science, engineering or mathematics. Scholarships are decided based on academic achievement and will be annually award to one student in the amount of approximately $1,000. The award is only to be used for tuition and fee support and is subject to approval by the Office of Student Financial Aid. Jo Ann was a graduate and long-time staff member of the University of Arizona. This scholarship was established by her family and friends and is an ongoing expression of respect and support for the values by which she lived. Please note that due to the high volume of applications for WISE scholarships, we can only contact the students who have been chosen to receive funding. All winners will be contacted within a month of the application deadline. For more on Jo Ann Troutman's life and legacy, visit here.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Must be in junior or senior year of undergraduate study at the University of Arizona
- Must be pursuing a major in science, engineering, or mathematics or in education to teach science, engineering, or mathematics
- Must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better and must provide an unofficial transcript if selected
- Demonstrated financial need may be considered, but is not a requirement
Application Instructions: Please complete the electronic application form (link below) and upload all required documents including: unofficial UA transcript; 1000 word essay describing academic/career goals & commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion in your chosen STEM field.