The Jo Ann Troutman Scholarship supports women at the University of Arizona who are juniors or seniors and majoring in science, engineering, or mathematics, or in education to teach science, engineering or mathematics. Scholarships are decided based on academic achievement and are awarded annually in the amount of approximately $500. Jo Ann was a graduate and long-time staff member of the University of Arizona. This scholarship was established by her family and friends and is an ongoing expression of respect and support for the values by which she lived.
- Must be a female United States citizen
- Must be in her junior or senior year of undergraduate study at the University of Arizona
- Must be pursuing a major in science, engineering, or mathematics or in education to teach science, engineering, or mathematics
- Must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better and must provide an unofficial transcript if selected
- Demonstrated financial need may be considered, but is not a requirement
Please complete the scholarship application, available on Scholarship Universe. As part of the application, applicants must submit a short essay (no more than 500 words) describing their specific area of scientific interest and their academic and career goals in that area. The essay should show evidence of a commitment to a career in the applicant's field of study.
Scholarship applications should be submitted via Scholarship Universe.
Applications must be received online by 11:59pm March 31st, 2017.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications for WISE travel stipends and scholarships, we can only contact the students who have been chosen to receive funding from WISE. All winners will be contacted within a month of the application deadline.