The WiSSC is overseen by a nine-member executive board composed of undergraduate and graduate students.
Board Position Descriptions
- President (graduate student): Collaborates with undergraduate president to oversee Council activities and organization and ensure that objectives are met; serves as primary liaison with UA administrators and campus and community partners.
- President (undergraduate student): Collaborates with graduate president to oversee Council activities and organization and ensure that objectives are met; serves as primary liaison with UA administrators and campus and community partners.
- Vice President of Funding: oversees funding competitions for travel grants and events/programs grants.
- Vice President of Outreach: receive community requests for STEM outreach and coordinating a campus-wide calendar of outreach activities and opportunities; work with community and campus and partners to identify opportunities for new outreach events.
- Vice President of Communication: manage Council email list and circulate meeting notes and announcement via listserv and on website; work with staff to create promotional materials
- Vice President of Professional Development and Mentorship Programs: work with staff to coordinate periodic professional development events and facilitate a mentorship program that links UA students with STEM professionals on campus and in the community.
- Executive Project Managers: Each of the three EPMs shall be responsible for identifying and executing specific projects that will benefit women in STEM and that do not fall under the purview of other Executive Board positions.